The second project is a little more complex. I've been looking for a while at various setting and campaign ideas for games like C&T, Labyrinth Lord, Green Ronin's Fantasy AGE, etc. I think I've hit upon something that sounds like fun to me, but it's going to require mashing a few things together. Specifically, I'm going for a potential cross-genre thing.
Lords of Light!
Instead of a post-apocalyptic earth with the ancient ruins of a technologically superior civilization, this setting would be a dark fantasy world more like Zarth where alien/futuristic technology (and possibly aliens) appear. Imagine a D&D world where the ship from Expedition to the Barrier Peaks just crashed.
I still need to iron out some of the specifics, but here's some of what I'm planning:
- C&T-style mechanics, including Sanity and similar damage/injury rules.
- Mutants, but Chaos-based instead of radiation,
- Androids and psychics. Possibly even as exotic PC classes.
- Technological artifacts (ray guns) that might be found as treasure.
- Evil Gods
- Barbarians, Sorcerers, and all that jazz.