Sunday, October 1, 2017

The Upside Shroud

I'm not sure why this didn't occur to me before, but this trailer spurred my current train of thought.

For those of you who have not seen the Netflix show "Stranger Things" what is WRONG with you people?! 😉

Seriously though, despite being set in the (more or less) modern world, the show is a great inspiration for some of the weirdness and horror that can be brought to a game like C&T. I'll admit that some of the trappings are a bit more Call of Cthulhu, but that's mostly superficial.

What I want to specifically draw attention to in the show is the concept of  "the Upside Down."

SEMI SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN SEASON ONE

This is the weird, nightmare realm/parallel dimension that people get sucked into and/or things come out of. It's a dark an twisted reflection of our own world with occasional rifts or gates that appear or exist between the two realms.

If you are ever looking for an inspiration to depict or describe the Shroud in your C&T games, I highly suggest taking a look at this show.


PS- Sooo looking forward to season two later this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment